People are asking for a source on the Jon Stewart quote. It’s something I found on reddit.com and it may have simply been attributed to Jon Stewart to get it attention. Nonetheless, it’s a pretty damn good quote, and I’ll continue to attribute it to Jon Stewart until the matter of whether he said it or not is settled.
- the Daily Show airs at 11p, and this “quote” was posted to reddit at 3p - and that would be if it wasn’t off the air this week (which it is)…
- verdict was issued today, so we know it wasn’t from a previous show…
- it sounds too rhetorically hyperbolic and clumsy for Stewart’s style…
- and search results turn up ZERO that is not from reddit.com, tumblr.com, or blogspot.com…
…this quote is unequivocally falsely attributed.
I understand that you like the quote, but keeping an attribution that is a naked attempt at lending credibility and churning popularity is nothing short of petulance - particularly in light of a misinformed editor’s promotion of it to #Politics.
As Shakespeare once said, “Be thee wary of quotes that doth emerge glistering on the inter-webs.”
- iam-drugs likes this
- warldoom likes this
- thepoliticalfreakshow reblogged this from laliberty
- tiem625 likes this
- whoeveriamnow likes this
- buddusky likes this
- thats-a-shame likes this
- mikejsimons likes this
- laliberty reblogged this from amazingatheist and added:
- semi-sanity likes this
- dinellove likes this
- fuckyeahsexycelebrities likes this
- mr-riddler likes this
- holy-ackbar-batman-its-a-trap likes this
- knives-monroe said: LOL Reddit isn’t a source silly!
- stupidshitonthedash reblogged this from amazingatheist and added:
- mixedmartialfarts likes this
- amazingatheist posted this