Yes, Rothbard did endorse George Bush. NOW HE’S A TRAITOR AND HE HATES FREEDOM AND WANTS YOU ALL TO DIE IN A GULAG!
JUST LIKE RAND PAUL!
JUST LIKE ANYONE WHO WILL VOTE FOR ROMNEY!
Your juvenile hyperbole aside, this is certainly a black eye in Rothbard’s record (who, like every man who ever lived, is not above criticism). But to be fair: 1. Rothbard called Bush a “bozo” during the very same endorsement (which he referred to as “not very soul-satisfying”) and 2. Rand is no Rothbard. Had Rand been more tempered in his support, and if Rand contributes a mere fraction of what Rothbard has in the fight for individual liberty, then his faux pas can perhaps be just as overlooked.
The libertarian backlash is easily mocked by partisans who put animus and anxiety about the other guy over principle because libertarians have proven to value the ideals over the man, and in so doing libertarians have exposed those same partisans as ideological invertebrates.
The R’s and D’s can continue to fight over lesser evils. I, for one, will maintain that there’s little substantive difference between the red and blue statists.
- prettyhysterical likes this
- anarcho-alowisney likes this
- womaninpearls likes this
- nolanforliberty reblogged this from laliberty
- nolanforliberty likes this
- statehate reblogged this from laliberty
- biognosis likes this
- nobby3 likes this
- basugasu-bakuhatsu reblogged this from laliberty
- thekierstenator likes this
- athomeinthegodhead likes this
- kafryn likes this
- necronaught reblogged this from laliberty
- jagut reblogged this from laliberty
- jagut likes this
- dumbbuzzardluck likes this
- conza likes this
- booksofthought likes this
- thecriticlaughs likes this
- tlynnette likes this
- michaelangerlo reblogged this from laliberty
- tehteabaggler likes this
- deadbilly likes this