As far as I’m concerned, I saw the libertarians as allies in helping to reinstate the Constitution in the U.S., but it’s becoming clear to me here, that they don’t want anything to do with us “neocon Republicans”. They want to be the ones to do it “single-handed”. Their army of one mentality has been discouraging. I understand being an individual, and I never said we had to agree on everything because no one agrees with another person on everything, but if we’re going to take back our country we need to come together to do so.
I’m happy to work with neoconservative warmongers when they want to abolish the welfare state (except, given Medicare Part D, et al, that’s a stretch), and I’m happy to work with liberal socialists in the name of peace, but neither group is remotely blameless when it comes to the use of government force against the innocent. Defense Contracts (corporatism) and Welfare Checks (socialism) are two sides of the same statist coin.
Anyone who opposes both the Welfare State and the Warfare State is a welcome ally in the cause of liberty.
If you oppose one, but support the other (it doesn’t matter which), you’re still in favor of some governmental interference in the life, liberty, and property of innocent people; taking from some unjustly, and giving to others undeservedly.
It all comes down to the Non-Aggression Principle. If you reject the most fundamental idea of libertarianism, why would we align with you? If you oppose redistributionist social welfare, but support aggressive foreign wars, then I think you should not ever expect more than halfhearted support from libertarians.
- getmesomedopamine reblogged this from laliberty
- formlessforce likes this
- basugasu-bakuhatsu reblogged this from freebroccoli and added:
- goldofcortes likes this
- eastling likes this
- athomeinthegodhead likes this
- basugasu-bakuhatsu likes this
- freebroccoli reblogged this from laliberty
- booksofthought likes this
- necronaught likes this
- deadbilly likes this
- float-on-okay likes this
- life-liberty-and-rockandroll reblogged this from laliberty
- anarchei likes this
- carnerdlian reblogged this from existenceandidentity
- tuffdogprofile likes this
- maxlibertarios reblogged this from laliberty
- bothersomeboredom likes this
- existenceandidentity reblogged this from laliberty
- droffats-hsoj likes this
- the-citizenry said: I could not agree with this more. I have met sooo many of these people in DC. Even though I agree with a lot of libertarian policies I can never bring myself to call myself one because of the arrogance and self indulgence of libertarians
- shishakabob likes this
- thecommonsenselibertarian said: I don’t hate or desire to demonize Republicans, I’m just trying to be fair and balanced, pointing out hypocrisy on both sides. If it came down to it, I’d much rather vote Republican than Democrat. =)
- blondmisanthrope likes this