The best way to support our troops is to push to make their current occupation unnecessary, and to advocate against those government manipulators who essentially place no value on their lives (irrespective of whatever public platitudes they may share). Let’s thank them for their service by allowing them to leave war zones and return home to live in relative peace.
After all - like I said on Memorial Day - the most respectful way to ‘honor’ our troops is to not continue sending more troops to die in unprovoked and unnecessary wars. Let’s not allow the genuinely honorable idealism that permeates many of those when they enlist - to protect their fellow man, to honor the principles of individual liberty codified in the constitution, to stamp out evil in the world - to cloud the sad reality of what those soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines eventually become: tools for the political and economic whims of politicians, bureaucrats, despots, overlords, oppressors, and their cronies.
Unlike what those who use the lives of the military (and other countries’ civilians) as pawns claim, freedom IS free: it is inherent in all of us - as “endowed by our Creator,” or characteristic of our very sentient humanity - and thus we should not be wiled by trite propaganda into supporting militarism under the guise of requisite defense of freedom.
And ultimately, we are not made safer by the government occupying the world and waging wars against non-aggressors.
- lalibertyquotes reblogged this from laliberty
- capitalismconcarne reblogged this from laliberty
- iam-drugs reblogged this from laliberty
- derosnec likes this
- jimicowan likes this
- danielbrackins likes this
- letterstomycountry said:No man supports the troops with more virulent passion than he who wishes their bodies to remain intact, their emotions unscarred by the horrors of war, and their families unafflicted by the trauma and grief of losing a loved one.
- letterstomycountry likes this
- self-ownership likes this
- jesuschristmarie-theyre-reindeer likes this
- subversivetendencies likes this
- laliberty posted this